A British Iranian man who has been on a hunger strike outside the British Foreign Ministry building in London for 44 days says he is ready to continue his protest for 100 days.
Vahid Beheshti told Forbes that he is preparing to more than double the length of his strike, despite not knowing “how long my physical body can cooperate with me.”
Beheshti is on a hunger strike to pressure the British government to add the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps to the country’s list of terrorist organizations.
He met with British Security Minister Tom Tugendhat on March 27 but told Forbes he has yet to hear anything from Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
Beheshti, who began his strike in February, has lost more than 13 kilograms (29 pounds).
The Guardian newspaper reported that Beheshti, 44, had been a friend of the journalist and activist Ruhollah Zam, who was abducted by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in Iraq. Zam was executed while imprisoned in Iran in 2020.